VOICE would like to share with you some accessibility, learning and mental health resources to help your families thrive at home during this period of social distancing.
Letter of VOICE to Ontario Schools
As School Boards prepare for the reopening of schools in September with the context of Stage 3 of the Province of Ontario’s COVID-19 Framework, we recognize that there are limitless considerations within a short timeline. As VOICE for Deaf and Hard of Hearing SEAC Representatives, we want to assist by highlighting the unique impacts of COVID-19 on D/deaf and hard of hearing students and provide recommendations with regards to learning this fall. Read more.
Lettre aux Conseils Scolaires
À l’approche de la rentrée, les conseils scolaires se préparent pour la réouverture des écoles en septembre dans le contexte de la 3ème phase du COVID-19 de la province de l'Ontario, nous reconnaissons qu'il y a plusieurs considérations à prendre durant ce temps. Comme représentants de VOICE pour les enfants sourds et malentendants au sein du CCED, nous souhaitons souligner les impacts uniques du COVID-19 sur les élèves sourds et malentendants et fournir des recommandations concernant l'apprentissage cet automne. Lire la suite
Return to School Resources
Join Statement on Reopening of Schools (SickKids, CHEO, Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, Kingston Health Sciences Centre, Children’s Hospital at London Health Sciences Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital and Unity Health Toronto)
- Sanitization of Roger products in classrooms (Phonak) This document contains sanitization recommendations of Roger products in the specific context of the Covid-19. Those recommendations are to be applied in classrooms where Roger products are shared between users.
- Research Studies on Face Masks
Mental Health Resources
Learning at Home
- K-12: Learn at home – Find supplementary resources for elementary and secondary students to practice math and literacy skills and learn at home. (Ontario)
- K-12: Student Learning during COVID-19 Guidelines for continuing K to 12 student learning while in-school classes are cancelled due to COVID-19. (Alberta)
- K-12: Keep Learning BC - Suggestions for parents and caregivers to keep their children learning at home during the COVID-19 pandemic. (British Columbia)
- K-12: My Learning at Home – Web portal to supplement home learning resources for parents and caregivers (Manitoba)
- K-12: Open School – Choose your own adventure! (Quebec)
- K-12: Learn at Home – Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking and growing (Scholastic)
- K-12: COVID-19 Education Resources (AGBell)
- Pre-K: Little Dots Preschool Free Printables for Math, Literacy and Themes