What is SEAC?
SEAC stands for Special Education Advisory Committee. SEAC's for each Ontario school board are established under the Ontario Education Act and Regulation 464/97. The SEAC's responsibilities are to:
- Make recommendations to the school board Trustees with respect to any matter affecting the establishment, development and delivery of special education programs and services for exceptional pupils of the board
- Participate in the school boards annual review of its Special Education Report
- Participate in the school boards annual budget process as it relates to special education
- Consult with parents and the community about the Special Education Report
- Make the Special education report available to the public and post a copy on the school board website.
Please contact SEAC@voicefordeafkids.com if you have any questions or would like to be considered for your local SEAC.